Friday, February 09, 2018

Reviewing January- Highs & Lows

I always view January as THE FRESH START. It's a new year, a new month, a fresh start. I'm not a believer in resolutions. I feel that you can make any change that you want to RIGHT NOW. It's all a matter of perspective.

This January was a little on the rough side, but overall, it came with some good stuff too.



#1: It was our first month without counseling. We had some big arguments and little bad moments. But we are learning to communicate better and we were able to work through them. The bad days that lasted longer than two days were the hardest, but again, we were able to recognize what was causing the downward spiral- HIGH & LOW.

#2: We had some major revisiting from the past and it was hard on both of us. We're both trying to let go of things, some better than others- LOW.



#3: We celebrated Sam's 9th birthday. I swear, she has to stop growing. I can't deal with this. She was surrounded by friends at the pool and really enjoyed herself. That's all that matters- HIGH.



#4: Me & the girls were able to go out to AZ and visit my family, which I was so pumped for. I really missed seeing them, especially with all the crap going on. It was a good trip, tinged with me & B missing each other. That was a first for us; usually, he does his thing, I do mine. But since we've spend so much time together in the last 6 months, it was a little harder- HIGH & LOW.



#5: I started serving at Kid's Night again at our church. I took a break last semester to work on us and it was good to be back with the kids. It's Piper's last year in there, so I'm grateful I am able to be a part of that group. It's fun working with my friends again too- HIGH.

#6: I started attending Moms Next/MOPs again, also. This was harder because all I could think was: "The last time I was here, I was the worship leader." So the first night was awful, the second night much better- HIGH & LOW.

#7: I did my blog series on Switchfoot's Beautiful Letdown (start here) and it was sooooooo hard and sooooooo good. I was raw. I was real with myself. It changed a lot of things for me. It also helped some peeps come out and talk to me about what they're going through- HIGH & LOW.



#8: B & I have been going on weekly dates and I absolutely love them. Some are short, like a quick breakfast or coffee, some are longer, like a movie or dinner. It has been fun getting out of the house together- HIGH.



#9: I changed my hair color. Big whoop? Yes, big whoop. I needed a change, emotionally and physically, so it was the perfect remedy- HIGH.

I think that's pretty much it. Honestly, it wasn't the worst month I've had, so I will take it. I'm very much excited about this month- we don't really have a ton of stuff planned, which is perfect. March, on the other hand, is very much a busy month for us and that's going to be fun!

No comments: