Thursday, February 15, 2018

Happy Heart Day

You know, we are just not huge Valentine's people. I think B & I have only gone out once to actually celebrate it. Around here, we might do cards, occasionally flowers, always a little something for the girls; it's just not a big deal for us.

BUT...the girls love it and we still try to get in the spirit. Today is even better because we had Kid's Night at church and had an awesome party with all of our friends. I think that made it one of the best for me.



B & I exchanged cards...that we had picked out together. Of course, I had to add some things to mine because it just made sense. Did I get a picture of us? NOPE.



The girls got these super cute little Lego sets and some chocolate. Grammie always sends something for the girls. Did I get a picture of it? NOPE.





Speaking of Grammie, I made Josephines like my mom used to for us and my grandma used to for my mom. I love tradition!



B & I picked out some flowers for me. Odd fact: I dislike roses. I really do. Sure, they smell nice and they are pretty...but I LOVE potted flowers or cut Star Gazer Lilies (they're my favorite). I love these little white flowers!

We tried to wear something Valentine's Day-ish. I rocked my heart shirt. It helped that my hair matches. Did I get a picture of me or the girls? NOPE.



And the party! So much fun!!!

Piper's little "friend", Jevin, brought her a book and some origami bookmarks he made himself. Oh my....I wish I would have taken a picture of her face! Did I take one? NOPE AGAIN. (Notice a theme here...I kind of sucked yesterday at taking pictures.)

So, overall, a good day. Happy Heart Day, y'all.

No comments: