Tuesday, March 06, 2018

Reviewing February

I felt like February was harder than January....but I felt like it was easier too. Maybe because January feels so far away and February is already over??

#1: Second month without counseling. We're still really good about talking things through and being intentional with our time together. We had a week where it seemed like every day was a bad day, but once we realized why (usually, not communicating fully or accepting emotions), it spiked back up. HIGH & LOW


#2: We had a moment that could have turned out REALLY bad, but it didn't! We both came out on top and it was a huge win for us! HIGH

#3: Valentine's Day was a little extra special because we kind of celebrated it for the first time. HIGH

#4: We suffered the loss of Piper's fish....oy vey! And behold, the new one came the same day. Welcome, Blue Fang! (I voted for Harry Potter or Voldemort.) HIGH & LOW (for only Piper though)


#5: We celebrated B's UNBIRTHDAY since his birthday last year didn't go so well. It was so much fun! I "surprised" him with an Escape Room adventure and dinner with our closest friends. He enjoyed it, I enjoyed it and we plan on doing that again soon! HIGH




#6: We THOROUGHLY enjoyed watching the Olympics! Go Team USA! HIGH




#7: We also planned out a mini-trip for our anniversary, which is coming up next week. Normally, we just do dinner or something with the girls, but this year, we wanted to do something different. So, YAY! HIGH

#8: I still struggled with music A LOT. Every time I felt like I was getting it under control, I would lose it. It was like a sharp pain in my heart. Every Sunday hurt and every Thursday depressed me. LOW

#9: B went rock climbing a few times, which was so good for him. He needs his time out too! HIGH

#10: Numerous, healthy coffee dates, a long awaited dinner and a BBQ with our favorite people. I'm so grateful for the friends God has brought into our life during this time. HIGH




#11: MATT MAHER!!! I was so excited that we had a concert in St. George and I really like Matt Maher's music. It wasn't as hard for me as I thought it would be and I didn't see a ton of people I recognized, which made me happy and sad at the same time. We enjoyed it with friends and a good dinner at Denny's afterwards! HIGH



#12: SNOW!!!! Definitely a HIGH.



This next month is going to be a good one- we have many things planned and it's going to be another month under our belt in this crazy life journey we are on.

No comments: