Wednesday, February 07, 2018

Who I'm Meant To Be...And A Shout Out


I waited a bit before blogging again because, man, I got deep.

You know how you can get a deep tissues massage and how you are super tender, then sore, THEN you feel normal again? That's pretty much how the Switchfoot song series was for me.

I learned things about myself; I was braver than I thought I could be; I was weaker than I thought I SHOULD be; I took things to a whole new level and made decisions about who I wanted to be.

CUE THE SHAMELESS SHOUT OUT!

For those of you who don't actually know me, I run a side business out of my home called Canvas By Cassandra (I promise, this is going somewhere). I LOVE handwriting and it kind of grew into this hobby of painting text onto canvases. A little of a year later, I have a growing business, have become a vendor for many events through the year and have become a little more confident in my talent.

SO...I really really really really really really really REALLY loved The Greatest Showman. We immediately bought the soundtrack and pre-ordered the movie. Me & the girls listen to the soundtrack daily (for two weeks now). I was so moved by the theme and the music speaks to who I am (yes, I may be doing another song series down the road on this one).

Without digging in TOO much to this song, "This Is Me" spoke to me through canvas. 

I am brave.
I am bruised.
I am who I'm meant to be.
This is me.

I didn't see myself as brave, sharing myself with you. I just thought, "I'm loud and obnoxious, so what's the difference?" But I WAS brave. There are people who are afraid to speak out about what they are going through. I never realized that. 

I know I am bruised. The last 6 months have been hard, hard work for both B & I. It has been hard work for him, personally and for myself. There are bad days, bad moments and those are trying times. But bruises heal. And so will I.

I am who I'm meant to be. God meant for me to grow, to be better and this is who I am aiming for. 

This is me. This is Cassandra, raw and real. My facade has been shattered and you can see the broken person underneath. Brokenness can be healed. It IS being healed.

For you, if you feel this way, know there is hope. You are okay to be you, the real you. Who cares what everyone else thinks? I have a husband who loves me, girls who adore me, friends who encourage me and family to keep me sane. That's all I need, plus Jesus.

YOU are brave.
YOU are bruised.
YOU are who you are meant to be.

So go get them! 

And hey, want some inspirational canvases to go along with it? I'm shamelessly putting my links right here and here for you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.