Wednesday, January 09, 2019

You Say

Before we get started...BRAG MOMENT:

I LURRRRRVE me some Lauren Daigle ever since this moment...



AND....THIS MOMENT:


Thanks to my big red glasses, she recognized me from the 4th row and had some really encouraging things to say to me. PEEPS...this was back in 2014 BEFORE LD was huge.

I mean, come on...."You Say" is on the secular radio stations!!!!

So...

Let's talk about our crappy days. The days when we don't feel so hot; life just kind of sucks; things are wildly out of control; you feel alone; you feel like you can't do anything right.

Yeah.

I still get those, just like any other person. Maybe I'm fighting with B. Maybe I just don't feel like I'm doing anything right. Maybe I'm crabby. Maybe I'm missing working at the church. Maybe I feel hopeless about the future.

I heard this song and yes, I was excited because it meant LD was coming out with a new album, but I STOPPED and I LISTENED.

"I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I'm not enough. Every single lie keeps telling me I'll never measure up."

We are usually our own worst enemy. We're the worst critic of ourselves. We're the last to be encouraging. We pick ourselves apart.

It affects us emotionally, physically, spiritually, mentally- we let ourselves break down because we're not strong enough to keep it up.

THAT is where God comes in. He says we are loved by Him, when we don't feel anything. He says we are strong when we think that we are weak. He says that He will hold us when we are falling short. When we don't feel like we belong anywhere, He says that we belong to Him.

Believing that, especially which you cannot see/feel, is hard! The lies that we tell ourselves can overpower and overwhelm us! Letting go of control and laying all that we have at His feet is hard too. But He wants us to give it all, the good and the bad.

"Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feet. You have EVERY FAILURE, God, You have EVERY VICTORY."

Give Him your good, give Him your ugly, give Him your best and give Him your worst. He just wants YOU for who you are.

Claim it. Believe it. Live it. Each day is a new day.

You Say
- Lauren Daigle
I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I’m not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low?
Remind me once again just who I am, because I need to know (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe
The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity, (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
And You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
Oh, I believe
Taking all I have and now I'm laying it at Your feet
You have every failure God, and You'll have every victory, (ooh oh)
You say I am loved when I can’t feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
You say I am held when I am falling short
When I don’t belong, oh You say that I am Yours
And I believe (I), oh I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
I believe
Oh I believe (I), yes I believe (I)
What You say of me (I)
Oh I believe (oh)



No comments: