Thursday, October 11, 2018

Trying To Learn: Gossip


Disclaimer: I am human.

I have struggled with gossip for what seems like forever. I used to be pretty bad at it. I was called out on it by my employers, called out on it by my husband. It was humiliating.

I sucked. And it seemed like I was never going to get better.

Little by little, I stopped myself. I started confiding in a good friend and the Riz. I stopped shelling out information like an ATM. I started catching myself with the words on my lips.

I still failed a lot and it was still humiliating. I hated being told I was doing something wrong because I knew it was wrong. Thankfully...this was only happening every once in a while.

I'm better at catching myself and better at not passing it along too. I want to be a person my friends can trust. I want to be a good confidante.

I failed at it earlier this week. I thought, honestly, it wasn't...but my husband pointed out why it was and I felt sad that it still happens.

But guess what?! I'm human! I'm going to make mistakes! I'm never going to be perfect and I'm not meant to be. I need to admit that I did something wrong and I need to try to be better. That's all Christ wants from us. He wants us to learn and to continue to grow.

I want to continue to do this and friends, I want us to work together on it. Help me out by not gossiping with me and I will do the same. WE CAN DO IT!

No comments: