Wednesday, August 22, 2018

A New Year

Guys...

GUYS....

We have officially made it ONE YEAR.



One year of growth.
One year of learning to love each other again.
One year of setbacks.
One year of steps forward.

One year of confusion.
One year of doubt, joy, anger, sadness, empathy.

But we did it. We defied the high percentage of divorce and made it through the crappiest time of our marriage. We didn't do it alone.

I thank God every day for His presence, His mercy, His grace and unending love. He loved us at our darkest, weakest moments.

We had our parents, all of them, supporting us. Phone calls, texts, tears, smiles, all of it.

We had our siblings. They were there for us to vent and vent some more.

Some of the nearest and dearest friends we have were there with us, standing beside us, holding our hands, holding us accountable, through trial and triumph.

We had our girls, who cheered us on and thankfully, made it through the worst unscathed.

We had YOU, reaching out to us, telling us your stories and sharing in our pain & joy.

And yes, there were some who left us alone because they didn't know what to say. FRIENDS.....say something, please. Don't let your silence be the words you speak because it hurts. It hurts to be left alone. Say anything. One word, two words, a text, a hug. Anything.

I have learned a lot about myself. I learned the ugly and I learned about the beauty that can rise from the ashes. It is a hard journey and honestly, it's not over yet. But I can say that we are over the peak, over the hill, the fork in the road has passed. We are on the journey of restoration and I can say now that I believe we will make it.

One year ago, we were both crying and trying to figure out what tomorrow looked like. I was crying because I was sad for myself. He was crying because he was hurt.

And now...forgiveness has been given, trust is earned and love....love is here.

No comments: