Saturday, May 12, 2018

...And When Little Things Become Big



So big things, big deals, big decisions can turn into little things....that's good.

Little things can turn into big things too. Sometimes for bad, sometimes for good.

Date nights were happening on a LITTLE basis.

Why? Because I was always busy and B worked wonky hours. Our weekends were spent doing other things, usually apart. Now, they're a big deal to us. We do dates once a week, even if it's just going to breakfast or a late night movie. We are making sure we go somewhere on a weekend BY OURSELVES at least a couple times a year.

Family time was a LITTLE known thing.

Why? Because we just didn't. Sometimes we went to the park, sometimes we played games, sometimes we watched movies, but it usually ended up with either just me or just Bryce. Family time is important and we try to hang out with the girls, even if it's just a tv show. More importantly, we say good night to the girls and pray with them TOGETHER. No more just Daddy or just Mama. I want our girls to see us unified as parents and unified as a family.

B & I gave LITTLE notice to what each other had going on.

Why? Because we didn't care, to be honest. I think we "cared", but not really. We had disconnected and we were not interested in each other. Now, we talk about our day, even if nothing happened. "I did this, I did that, I thought of this." "Work was blah, so and so was funny, I watched this." We connect on a daily basis no matter what. Communication has never been the forefront of our marriage and now we are working on changing that.

The girls are not LITTLE anymore.

Why? THAT'S LIFE! Hahahaha. But seriously, they are growing into tweeny teenagers and big girls. Now, they need us in a different way than before. We FINALLY don't do pull-ups anymore (yay for Scarlet)! We don't read stories before bedtime. We don't actually tuck the girls into bed. I don't pick out clothes for them or pajamas and I certainly am careful before I buy stuff for Sam (she is soooo picky about clothes). They "fix" their own hair, wash their own bodies, brush their own teeth. They play Wii all by themselves. We need to adapt to this new stage of life for them, bras and all (don't even get me started).

Little things get big. Alice and the mushroom. Growing up. Growing out. Change is good even when it looks bad.

No comments: