Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Slowing Down


Want to hear something funny? Back in January/February, when I served in MOPs at our church, I had a prayer book that our leader would take each meeting. I would write down what I wanted/needed prayer for and she would pray for me.

Looking back at it, I asked for prayer more often than not about one thing: not feeling balanced. I felt like I was overwhelmed, spinning out of control...at home. In fact, it was the opposite, although I couldn't recognize it. I had become so involved, mentally, emotionally and physically at work that I couldn't balance my home life (more on balance another day).

So, life has slowed down for me. What exactly does that mean?

It means I don't feel like I need to rush through school.
I don't feel unbalanced anymore.
I have had more meaningful coffee dates.
My house is cleaner...just kidding. It looks the same.
The days are longer.
I feel little to no stress.
I laugh for real.
I can focus on my canvases.
I have found my real friends.
I have more time for my marriage and less time for myself.
I go on more dates with the Riz.

I'm not saying you have to go the extreme and stop everything, but have you looked at your life lately? Are you in a rush to get somewhere all the time? Do you feel unbalanced? Maybe it's time to take a step back and slow down.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

When I'm counselling someone like you and me; I have them list everything they are doing by priority. Then draw a line across half way down the list and drop everything below their line. A good thought for many of us is by doing so much we are cheating the more timid folks in church of their opportunity to be involved. Gregg T.