Thursday, December 01, 2016

DAY 28: We All Fall Down

LEEEEAAAVES!!!


One morning I woke up and here they all were. They just decided to fall right off, all at once. They're about ankle deep.

You know what this means right?

I love the winter weather
Where the two of us can get together
There's nothing sweeter, finer
When it's nice and cold, I can hold
My baby closer to me
And collect the kisses that are due me
I love the winter weather
'Cause I've got my love to keep me warm!

Speaking of which, the girls and I discussed what it meant to be homeless and in the cold. We don't see a lot of homeless people here in St. George. I had to explain that there are families who don't have homes, food, etc. I asked them to remember this when they are complaining about not getting what they want; to be grateful for the things we take for granted.

Basically, I want them to learn to be happy with the life they have no matter what; to remember there are those who are suffering; to feel compassion and love.

We are memorizing the phrase, "I can only do my best and I'll let God do the rest." We will fail, we will fall, but with God at the center of our hearts, we can continue to try and do our best.

No comments: