Wednesday, November 30, 2016

DAY 27: Find The Need

All it took was one look and I was hooked.
I was in like Flynn, man.

And all it took was the phrase, "I miss having a view."

Yes, my friends, I looked at houses online today and believe me, envy and want reared their ugly heads.

We saw one we liked and I mean REALLY liked. But it was just a little more out of our price range than we were willing to go, especially since it would need some upgrading. Oh....but we wanted this house. It was perfect. It has the view, the square footage, the rooms, the trees, everything I thought we would need.

Ah....need.

It took walking around in Wal-Mart tonight to get some eggnog and a cheese ball (I'm sorry, but it sounded good and yes, I'm enjoying them both right now) to get my head out of the fog of this dream.

Why wasn't I happy with where I was? We had everything we needed! Had? HAVE! We have each other, we have a really nice house, with enough rooms and more than enough room.

I needed to find, well, the need. Did we need this new place? Well.....no. I mean, it would be nice, but right now might not be the right time.

I knew that this house we are in now was THE house. We weren't even looking to move, but there it was. Beautiful and calling my name.

You know, we seem to start "needing" things more often than we actually need them. We want it and we want it now. More often than not, we can get it now.

This time of year, ugh, it's so hard to go anywhere without "great deals" and "B1G1s" and "on sales" flashing in front of you. It's hard to be patient. It's hard to wait. It's hard to say no. I'm pretty good horrible about saying no.

So, I'm going to challenge myself, this month of December, try as I might, to not get anything that I don't actually need. No crazy LulaRoe deals, no frequent Starbucks visits, no random "I really love that shirt" purchases. I'm not saying this is for everyone, but it is for me.

And as for that house? Who knows....maybe it is THE ONE and the odds work in our favor. Until then, I'm going to be grateful for my amazing, eclectic house and the fact that I even have one, to begin with.

No comments: