Saturday, July 23, 2016

30-3: Unlikely Neighbors

You like books? We got it all in here. (And cue the music from "Princess And The Frog"....you gotta diiiig a little deeper.)

Sorry. I REALLY like that soundtrack.

So anyhow, I had to move some of my books up a shelf to make room for the four that I bought in the last month (I know, right??). In doing so, some of my books ended up, well, next to someone new.

Here's a pair of unlikely neighbors:



Sweet, cuddly, delicious Winnie the Pooh and his unique set of friends in the Hundred Acre Wood is now sharing breathing space with the wickedly handsome and devious vampire Lestat with his motley crew of immortals.

Sweet and devious. A definition of opposites.

I think that's the fun part of owning so many books. Although I DO keep them in genres and/or subgenres and, within those genres, alphabetical order (I have debated sorting them into colors, but then series would be out of order and I don't know how I feel about that), some of the books end up next to books you'd never even imagine could touch covers without one of them burning up.

As I sit here, eating some Ben & Jerry's (Boom Chocolatta, if you must know), listening to fireworks (Pioneer Day is tomorrow and in Utah, that means more fireworks), I think how this applies to many relationships that we have in our lives.

Take me & my best friend, Ashley, for example; she was a quiet, tall, blonde drink of water from Tennessee and I was a loud, short, obnoxious attention-seeker from California/Arizona. She had some wild & crazy times in her teenage years, while mine were somewhat quiet (until 18...then I had my weird, 2 year phase of craziness). We're the most unlikely people to have become friends, let alone best friends.


But there we were and here we are.

I guess the lesson would be this: try not to judge someone based on your very first experience with them. They may turn out to be someone very important in your life!

No comments: