Friday, July 22, 2016

30-2: Welcome to 800

800 what?

800 blog posts.

Yes, you read that right. 800 of them. At the beginning, not so awesome, but it morphed into a place where I can be myself, speak my mind, give encouragement and share a glimpse into the Daugherty life.


I was a fresh-faced mama of a little 6 month-old, still figuring out not just how to be a wife, but how to be a mom.

My life has changed so much over those 800 posts. I have had family and friends pass on. I have seen babies come and go. I grew to be a mature woman, confident in my ability to be a God-honoring wife and mother, while always taking the opportunity to grow. I've made and lost good friendships. I've had heartache and absolute joy.

Sometimes I go back, just for the fun of it, and see what I was like a few years ago. Sometimes I laugh at silly pictures or silly stories. And sometimes I cry for how cruel life can be.

In the end, I've learned that I'm not alone. There are those who are going/have gone through the same as I, good and bad. And I've learned that I'm really not alone.

I am not alone
I am not alone
You will go before me
You will never leave me

God has been with me all throughout the ups and downs. He has shown me that, even in the hardest times, He has already taken up my burdens. I have felt alone, but I have never been alone. And I thank God for all He does for me and for those that He puts in my path.

So....check some of the older posts out. See where I've come from. See where I've been. Maybe you've been there too.

No comments: