Sunday, August 02, 2015

Day Two- Coffee Doesn't Judge


No matter if you are in your pjs, bad breath, crazy hair or you're impeccably dressed, coiffed to the ninth degree and minty fresh, coffee loves you.

It loves you for who you are. It says, "Drink me and wake up! Drink me and relax! Drink me!"

Coffee doesn't judge you. You can judge coffee all you want, but it will never return the favor.

Did you know that most people perceive Christians to be judgmental?
What? Get out! That's insane. Insert sarcastic gasp.

But you know what? Most of the time, it's true. I'm guilty of it too. Let me tell you why.

I live a certain way. We follow the Bible in my house and I try to uphold my end as best as I can. I make mistakes all the time. I'm a sinner. Plain and simple. But when others make mistakes, I catch myself judging them. And I catch myself quite often.

The Bible tells us not to judge unless we want to be judged. But if you continue reading (Matt. 7:1-5), it also says that how are we to remove the speck from our brother's eye when we have a plank in our own? We are to examine ourselves and remove our own plank before removing the speck from our brother's eye.

I have a plank-filled eye. I have no right to judge when I too am a sinner. I can encourage, I can uplift, I can hold you accountable if you ask me to, but I have no right to say I am better than you because I am not.

Help me. Encourage me. Lift me up in my time of need. Hold me accountable. I want to be a better person and I want my heart to be full of love for others....
And for my cup to be filled with coffee.

No comments: