Tuesday, August 04, 2015

Day Four- Coffee Tastes Sweet & Broken Bones Equal Broken Hearts

Yep- by the long title, this post has two points. Let's start at the beginning:

 

  The coffee I had today was the sweetest coffee I've ever had because it was given to me by someone who loves me for who I am. Even though I was ultimately in the wrong, I was still thought of with a caring heart....a forgiving heart.

I drank half of it and saved the other half for tomorrow so I can sip its sweetness and think of my sweet friend.

Forgiveness is a sweet thing, friends. Don't pass it up!

And speaking of forgiveness.....


 I have some forgiving to do too.....

I felt like the crappiest parent this evening when B called me to tell me that Sam's leg was broken. I honestly thought he was kidding because he texted me that very statement earlier to prank me while he was still waiting to see the doctor.

Earlier that day, she had been riding her bike and she hurt herself. Honestly, I didn't think she was hurt that bad and thought she was milking it. Every time she would move, she would cry & shake....okay, maybe she twisted her ankle or something. She fell asleep and when she woke up, she seemed happier, but still, to move her leg, she cried and cried and cried. Earlier, before her nap, I had told B we should take her to the Insta Care.....but I didn't want to take her. I, selfishly, didn't want to sit there, so I told B to take her after he got off of work. We ate dinner, hung out for a bit, then we decided that he should go. 

So when I got the phone call, the first thing I felt was anger. Anger at myself that I didn't take her earlier, anger at B for not leaving sooner. Then, I just felt crappy. My little one was out on the driveway, crying from a broken leg and I was inside telling her to just deal with it. For heaven's sake, Piper was the one that helped her in because "Sammie couldn't walk"!

Oh, the joys of parenting. My friends, I felt like a horrible parent. All the sunburns in the world never made me feel this bad.

The second they got home, I started crying. My heart was broken seeing her little leg in a cast. I just couldn't believe that we had waited so long to take her. 


Friends are lovingly saying forgive yourself. And I'm trying to.
But this little smile says quietly that she forgives me. 
That makes my heart feel a little better.
 

No comments: