Thursday, April 24, 2014

Days Five Through Nine- Insight or Out of Sight?

I am learning a lot about myself through this challenge; what is a priority, what is not, what is easy, what is difficult. I'm learning about time management and what motivates me.

I just spent the last two days with my peers from our sister campuses up north (SMCC Draper & Daybreak). I've learned how I like to be appreciated and how I can better appreciate others. I got excited about change and it motivated me to rethink not just how I run the worship ministry, but even my day-to-days.

What motivates me to get going when I get out of bed? Is it the thought of time on Facebook? My chai tea? Seeing the girls? Beginning my schedule?

Where do my priorities lie? Piper's schoolwork? One-on-one time with the girls? My friends? Errands?

When it comes to my friendships, am I a giver or a taker? Am I showing them that I care about them?

What can be improved upon in my marriage? Where am I falling short?

There are some hard situations coming up in the near future- am I fully prepared to handle them?

These sound like a lot of deep questions AND easily answered questions. But sometimes it is the easily answered questions that prove more difficult than the deep questions. It will be my decision on how I tackle each one.

Onto a different note: I've been exercising each day and last night, there were an ungodly amount of squats I needed to do (tonight will be worse). This morning, my legs were a little stiff, but not too bad.....until I climbed the steepest set of stairs while out playing tourist today. I think halfway up I thought about just stopping and having someone hoist me up the rest. Horrrrrrible!

Nope; haven't completed any big projects yet, but seeing as how I still have plenty of time, I'm able to figure out which ones can be done quickly and which ones require time and effort.

One last note: I will be turning 33 on Saturday. I don't know how to feel about that yet other than I definitely don't FEEL 33. I think that's about it. I'm hoping to get a teapot out of the deal, so here's to hoping!