Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day Ten & Eleven: Here's To You, Number 33

So, today is my birthday; I'm now the ripe age of 33.

My day wasn't so hot, but it had good parts and bad parts. One moment, in all of that, stood out.

Piper, Samantha & Scarlet had their recital tonight for tumbling. Bryce, Sue & I were trying to find our seats. I had a HUGE bag full of hairspray, a few make-up items, clothes, etc from getting the girls changed. Let me just make sure you understand that it was quite hefty. Got it? Okay.

The recital was held in an auditorium at DSU, so it's stadium seating. We get to our row. I turn around to make sure Sue is behind us. I step backwards.....right off of the step I was standing on. Add a hefty bag on my shoulder, plus gravity, equals a flailing Cassandra falling down not one, but TWO steps in front of everyone in the auditorium.

Now, maybe only a few people would have noticed EXCEPT (oh yes.....it gets worse) as I am falling from the first step, desperately trying to grab onto the railing, I yell out..............um, I yelled out a bad word. YELLED. SHOUTED. A FREAKIN' BAD WORD. IN FRONT OF EVERYONE.

I was loud. I was surprised. And EVERYONE turned to look at me.

I'm not usually embarrassed, but tonight, I was mortified. And it's not like I blend in with everyone. Oh no. I had on a leopard print hat and was toward the front of the auditorium. "Helloooooo."

Cassandra....welcome to 33. If tonight is any indication of what this year will be like, get ready for a rollercoaster.

Oh Lord.

No comments: