Friday, April 18, 2014

Day Two & Three- Fridays Are Good, But Today Was Better


Who doesn't love Friday?

Back in SoCal, I used to sing a song to Bryce as soon as I would get off of work (we both got off at 5). It basically went like this (ahem....use your imagination):

It's Friday night, yah it's party time, it's party time!
It's Friday night, whooop, whooop, whooop, whooop!

Yah, I never said I was a lyrical genius, but you get the point. Friday's were exciting. And now, even though we are both at home, I still sing it because Fridays are magical in our house. Movies, video games, Ghost Adventures, knowing you don't have to get up early (ha ha ha for those who fell for that one....although I did get up at 9 yesterday and 9:15 today).

Today was different. It was....way better than I expected it to be. I had a great time at breakfast with my friends (and old man, wherever you are, thank you for making my morning with your "I'm not sure about your hair" comment). Piper did great at school. My sister totally confirmed that she is having a boy. Our two services for Good Friday were memorable, to say the least.

Musicians will get this. It doesn't matter what type of music you are listening to. It might be a chord progression or a string of words and BAM- you get goosebumps, tears in your eyes, a huge grin on your face.

That was today, in a nutshell. I was giddy with joy. I couldn't believe that I was in this place in life. You know what I mean? It just all fell into place.

Fridays are good, but today....oh man, today was better.

No comments: