Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Challenge Accepted!

Pretend I'm a cheesy male actor from the 80's, who completes this phrase with a fist pump.

Yah? That's exactly how it sounds in my mind (unless you were just present in my office where I actually said it out loud, fist pump and all).

I have been crazier than a squirrel stuck in a porta potty (don't ask). I'm busy with this, busy with that, stressing over this thing, crying over this one, etc, etc, etc times a million.

I have things I want to do. Things, people, THINGS! My days consists of homeschool, worship, dinner, cleaning, running here, running there. I am missing the 'G' and the 'H' out of my last name in our entryway! This madness has GOT TO STOP.

So, ahem, I present to you my own personal challenge (combined with a 30-day exercise thing I'm doing with my friend):

30 Days, 30 Goals

I did this before and it was fun. It challenged me and I got things done. Here is my list of 30 things I want to accomplish by May 16th ('cause I'm actually beginning it tomorrow since Ghost Adventures is calling my name....or is it a disembodied voice.....):



1. Fix my last name in our entryway (ie glue the G & H back on their frames).
2. Sew Nichole’s car organizer & send it out.
3. Paint Samantha’s room.
4. Hang up Piper’s curtain rod.
5. Finish the living room curtains.
6. Lotion my feet every night.
7. Keep the same hair color for a month.
8. Go out on a date.
9. Have coffee with a friend once a week.
10. Practice the guitar every day.
11. Make an “Oceans” themed canvas for the beach bathroom.
12. Paint Piper’s doors.
13. Get up no later than 9 AM every day.
14. Hang up some pictures in my office.
15. Fix the curtains in our bedroom.
16. Fix the curtains in the guest bedroom.
17. Clean off my desk.
18. Hang up my wreaths outside.
19. Go to Zion National Park.
20. Have a BBQ with my friends.
21. Organize my books.
22. Make a “Date Jar”.
23. Make a “Prayer Jar”.
24. Exercise once a day.
25. Try a new dessert once a week.
26. Take Piper out for tea.
27. Put contact paper on my hutch.
28. Have Bryce build frames for my school room posters.
29. Videotape the girls singing their favorite songs from “Frozen”.
30. Complete the photo album for 2013.

It can't be too hard.....right?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

7 and 29 crack me up!

Just get a bunch done in the first week. Then the next three weeks will be all the fun stuff!