Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Only Scarly Jo...


Remember this?

Oh, and this too?

Now, I guess I don't get surprised too often with Scarlet. She breaks teeth, gets stitched up, punches teeth out, etc, etc, etc.

So what happened today? Oh the joy of joys, of course!

We noticed THIS last night:



Um, that doesn't look too good. I am thinking it's an abscess. I took her into the dentist. Yep, it's an abscess. I'm thinking they're going to drain it, right?

WRONG.

"An abscess on a baby tooth is bad." Hence, this lovely picture:



See the difference between the two teeth? (Abscessed tooth on the left, normal on the right.) Yah, her root is disintegrating and our lovely dentist (who I actually do love) says the words I have been dreading the whole time I have been a mother:

"That tooth has got to come out."



The screams, the crying, me feeling like I was going to pass out when they actually pulled it... (I seriously almost did...it was too much for me to handle.) She was a trooper though. After all of the crying, she was more than happy with her new Ariel toothbrush and a toy from the toy chest....and her tooth in it's own little package.

May I be the first to introduce, sweet TOOTHLESS Scarlet Josephine:



 



Excuse me while I go cry now.

No comments: