Monday, January 01, 2018

Darling, It's A New Year

I could say 2017 was the worst year of my life, but it wasn't. Last year just wasn't one of my best years. I made a lot of left turns when I should have gone right. I took good things for granted. I focused more on me than those who actually mattered.

However...and yes, there is a however...

I may have lost my way, but I was found. I found that God truly is a God of second chances. I have found that true happiness comes through the fire. I have found that marriage is hard work and worth every drop of sweat. I have found that I can make all the plans I want, but if I want to go in the right direction, I have to trust in God.

I experienced a lot of changes this last year, but I know that this year is only going to bring more. And this time, I won't be as scared as I would have been before. I am going to choose joy every day. I'm going to be braver. I'm going to believe that even if God doesn't do things the way I would have liked Him to, I'm going to trust Him no matter what. I've got this.

It's a new year, a new chance and a fresh start. I'm going to fall a lot.

And I'm okay with that.

No comments: