Tuesday, August 22, 2017

The BIG Day

If you know us, you know we homeschool through Utah Virtual Academy. And yes, we get dressed for school....but only for the first week. They get new clothes, new school supplies; this year, we decided to do lunchboxes so that way lunch is already made and I don't have to stop what I'm doing to make it.

We did a short day of school today because it's the first day and who wants to do a full day of work right away?

I can't believe we have a 1st, 3rd and 5th grader; Scarlet is excited to learn how to read "bigger words", although she's not sure about "all those numbers"; Samantha is beyond ecstatic to learn cursive; Piper is anxious to start science, but only because she got "hazardous materials" in her science box this year (that's all you, B-Rizzle).

Me...this is my first year of 3 full time students and I'm just a little nervous. Now that my evening schedule has shifted a little (more on that another day), I have the freedom to stretch school out if I feel like it. I hope that kind of helps since just looking at our school closet makes me clutch my chest!

So, here they are, my sweet girls, looking all big and grown up. (P.S....Piper comes up to my chin...she's only 9 inches shorter than me!)
















Here's to a year of growth and exceptional learning....along with crazy coffee addictions, underwear attended school and setting timers so I don't explode!

No comments: