Wednesday, July 06, 2016

Fun In The Arizona Sun, Part One

Every summer, I head out to AZ to visit my family and every summer, it is HOT!! Not only that, but it was monsoon season, which brings epic storms, rain and HUMIDITY. Hot & humidity are two of my least favorite words because I sweat profusely.

Our first three days were filled with, you guessed it, heat & humidity!

DAY ONE: Travel time

Our normal "Del Taco" picture (tacos & coffee is a MUST on the way out).

Happy Mama, with her tacos & coffee.

A beautiful day for traveling.

More coffee was needed in Flagstaff. It's a long drive.

We made it and Tae was waiting up for the girls!

Sweet Avery- I couldn't wait for the next day so I could give him a big hug.

DAY TWO: Melting at San Tan Valley (Satan Valley), Court's house and pool time

We "played" in the splash pad at San Tan Valley until we all melted into puddles, so it was off to Paradise Bakery for a cool lunch.

My littlest nephew, Brock- he's such a doll.

Classic Nichole.

Reagan & Scarlet playing dress up.

Grammie and all her grandbabies.

This is how we take selfies, y'all.

All in the pool and it was CHAOS.

Mom's creepy yard art.

DAY THREE: Coffee with friends, Chelsea's place, swimming, the light rail and FUZZY'S

We met up with James & Amber, some good friends who used to live in St. George.

Swimming at Aunt Chelsea's pool!

Scarlet loved it.

Sam was so excited to love on Crawley.

Scarlet loved Hyperion the most; she was soooo fluffy.

Mia & Pip were pretty good playing with the kittens.

I wanted to take Hyperion home!

Aunt Chelsea is the fun auntie!

I love my sister...and her little sweet kittens!

Fuzzy's. It was sooo good....but HOT AND MUGGY.

Grammie just wanted to get home.....thankfully, the light rail was cool.

I missed Choly!!

What a great ending to a great day- I think Chels agrees.

The second day there, we had the SWAT team at my mom's neighbor's house....it was intense and scary and super amazing. No pictures could do it justice.

So, this was a fun start to the trip, but I couldn't wait for the next couple of days; fun stuff planned!

No comments: