Tuesday, March 29, 2016

And Then She Was Nine

Nine years...

It doesn't seem like a long time, but today, it felt like a LONG time.

At 5:47 PM, I had no idea if we were having a boy or a girl. I was hoping for a girl because, well, I come from all girls. I KNOW how to do girls. Plus, I thought Piper was too cute of a name to pass up. I was nervous, I was shaking and I had no idea how my world was going to change in one minute.

At 5:48 PM, the Bryce exclaimed, "That's a big baby!"
"What is it? What is it?"
The doctor said, "It's a girl!"
B whispered, "We have a Piper."
And that was it. Life changed in a big way for us and I wouldn't go back and fix anything.

She is challenging, she is perfect, she is smart, she is frustrating, she is beautiful, she is sassy and I love every bit of her.

Breakfast at the Crepery, presents, school, dinner of tomato soup with grilled cheese sticks, cake at small group and visiting with Grandma & Papa.




Welcome to year nine, Piper Diane. Let's make it a great one!

No comments: