Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Autumn Leaves Fall

I think Piper's favorite subject is Art.

Every Tuesday & Thursday, she's got some project to work on. Her imagination and her mind astound me. Sure, parents feel that way about their children all the time; but for me, it's this kind of stuff that goes right to my heart.

Piper's been learning about landscapes, something I had no interest in when I used to draw. She soaked up everything that we had to read, followed the instructions and presented me with awesomeness.

The program gives you an example of what they are looking for. This one was a stand of trees, with branches touching, green foliage everywhere, with a river and reflections. Bright and sunny.

As Piper was cutting out her trees, gluing on the branches, I had no thought that she would make it her own. In the past with drawing animals & such, she would pretty much use whatever idea the program gave her. But she surprised me.

She painted her river blue like I thought she would. She used as little branches as possible, which I knew she would. But when she started painting her leaves, she asked, "Can I paint them red & yellow? Because autumn leaves fall." Um, yah, go ahead.


And she did.
I'm never throwing this away.