Monday, January 05, 2015

The Sweet Spot


This couch is our sweet spot.
We cuddle. We watch movies together or "preformances" 
by the girls.
We do karaoke, we take naps, we take flying leaps.
Tests are taken, stories read, hair brushed.
We kiss owies and wipe tears in this spot.

But this sight today touched the sweet spot in my heart.
Little Pipey is growing up.
Today she was reading about the Boston Tea Party 
and Paul Revere.
She wouldn't have moved if you had yelled fire.
I love that she loves learning.
I love that she relaxes on the couch when she's doing 
her lessons.
And I love that we are able to be together during 
these moments.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Being there for those moments is truly why I love homeschooling. I get to watch their childhood instead of just hear about it!