Friday, October 31, 2014

This Is HALLOWEEN

"HAPPY HALLOWEEEEEEN!" (this is being said in my hearty man voice)

Tonight, without fail, is always one of the most exhausting nights for me and I hardly even do anything! Getting kids dressed, getting some kind of food in them, corralling them, driving, coffee, sore feet....anyways, the kids enjoy themselves so it's all worth it!

My favorite Haury boys (and girl)....(and Ashley) joined us again for another Halloween. Upon Boone's arrival, Scarlet proclaimed at the top of her lungs that she and Boone were to be married when he "gets bidder". We quickly dressed the kids so we could get our $1.99 Happy Meals from McDonald's (oh Lord)....that was a trial in itself. Grumpy workers openly complaining about the amount of Happy Meals they had to make, plus 5 loud children and a crappy Coke.....not the best, but whatever.

Yogurt sprays all over Sam & Piper's costumes, fears of chocolate milk pouring onto Scarlet filling my mind, will they get done in time to get make-up by Bryce the Fantastic (aka Mickey Mouse)? Brush hair, fix Scarlet's nose, snap pictures, stop leaving the room before I take all of the pictures (talking to you, Kayson)!

Doorbell rings and it's Uncle Jakey and Josh!! They're joining us for the festivities. I pump out some Nightmare Before Christmas music and we're finally on our way to trick or treating! All six kids banging on the door, ring-ring-ringing the doorbell. Stop ringing the doorbell! Josh, the peeper, peeping in windows to see if anyone is home, Boone trailing behind idly, done in 15 minutes.

Now we're off to the Fall Festival and I've got all six kids in my car. Where's Kayson's claw, has anyone seen the claw, I can't find the claw. Lord, help me! Finally we arrive and kids scatter like leaves on the wind, counting kids, counting kids, keep coming up with six, so we're good. Candy everywhere, I want a hot dog, but I'm herding four of the six around to the games. Eventually, with the bribe of a hot dog & Seven-Up, I can hasten over to the Perks cart to get a coffee, then it's hot dog time.

Wardrobe malfunction since Scarlet's Minnie Mouse dress basically disintegrated, stapling it back together didn't work, so now she's in a Springs t-shirt and perfectly happy. Piper and Josh are thick as thieves while Sam has decided that she is working with Daddy at the bowling booth. I wander around, noticing my throat muscles are tensing up from all the "Hey guys, want to play this game? How about this one? Here's one we haven't played yet!" Counting kids, counting kids, we're good.

Home, washing black feet, washing made up faces, brush your teeth, brush your hair, tuck in, pray, kiss, kiss, hug, deviously go through the candy kid-free and........aaaaaaaaah.

Piper, as Cat Woman

Samantha, as Batgirl

Scarlet, as Minnie Mouse

Bryce, as Mickey Mouse
(he volunteered at our church's Fall Festival this year)

Minnie & Mickey Mouse 

 
Our Haury's
(Boone, Kayson, Ashley & Reese)

All the kiddos

COUSINS!

Trick or Treating
(aka Josh peeping in the windows)

Me & Bryce at the 4th Annual Woods Family Spooktakular

And I won an award- "Most Outrageous"
(I was a Purple People Eater)

Overall, as my feet are aching and I'm trying to decide if I want a bowl of cereal or sleep, I'm quite satisfied with today and look forward to beginning a 30 Days, 30 Posts tomorrow!

  
Another year down.
Happy Halloween from the Divine Daughertys!

No comments: